Avans recommends that you protect your Wi-Fi connection with a strong password and install an up-to-date virus scanner on your devices.
A good level of security for your home network and the device you work on is important if you want to work safely from home as well. Avans recommends that you protect your Wi-Fi connection with a strong password and install an up-to-date virus scanner on your devices. If you work with Avans documents or devices at home, we expect you to do this. This is also good for the protection of your private affairs.
Tips and tricks:
- Keep the operating system and the installed programs and apps on your devices up to date. Security holes are often closed by means of an update. Updating therefore means securing.
- Virus scanners are available free of charge for almost all devices. A free virus scanner works fine, but has a bit less functionality than the paid version and you often have to update these versions manually.
- There are many reviews of virus scanners on the internet that will help you make an informed choice. You can compare virus scanners on Tweakers Pricewatch or the Consumers’ Association.
- If you do not know how to change the password of your Wi-Fi network visit the website of your internet provider, as they often contain step-by-step instructions. If you can’t get it right you can always give them a call.
- The Avans account page has tips for creating a strong password.
- Read these tips on the ‘Safely using the Internet’ page.